At the top of where Old New London Turnpike climbs a hill, there are old concrete ruins in the woods. While its not certain, they are likely that of an old gas station, probably one of the first in town.
There are five concrete pillars located pretty close to each other and next to a concrete foundation. The concrete foundation has three steps going up facing the road, likely the entrance into the building. There are piles of rubble on two corners of the foundation.
On an aerial photo from 1934, there doesn’t appear to be an structure even here.