Before Mountain Road ended as a cul-de-sac at the top of Minnechaug Mountain, that area was just a sharp turn on the road that happened to be the location of an old farm.
On a 1874 map of Glastonbury, the location is referred to as “MrsDHouse”, likely the owner at the time. Most of the house was paved over by the cul-de-sac, thought parts of the foundation of the house and other smaller buildings are still visible.
On the north end of the cul-de-sac, a concrete foundation is still visible beneath a thicket (making photos difficult). On the other side, a slight stone wall from the barn foundation sticks out of the leaves. In the woods beyond are a handful of concrete slabs from some other small, old buildings.
The house still stood in 1962 according to aerial photos but was gone by 1965. Now, a modern house is located a few yards to the north.